October 19, 2014

Sunday Snippits

     
Top: Janey at work facepainting at Petco Park.  Bottom: Jo visiting me.



  • ·       It’s the usual Sunday stuff.  Breakfast in Bed with CBS Sunday Morning.  Yes, I remember Charles Kuralt.  This show always starts my week going in the right direction.
  • ·       First: I write here.  Less this week as I am hopefully having surgery on my left hand on Thursday morning early, and so there will be days here I will be writing not at all.
  • ·       Second:  I post on the Facebook pages of Great Curves and The American Cancer Society’s Discovery Shop/Point Loma second.  Yes, everyone is tired of PINK.  It’s a wonderful reminder that we didn’t have when I was younger.  Yes, mother, grandma Maude, and a fleet of other friends had breast cancer.  My friend Jo died of metastasized breast cancer.  She delt with it too late.  My friend Janey also knew her cancer had returned, and she elected to deal with it holistically.  She too died of metastasized breast cancer.
  • ·       I do want to share that this is the very first time I haven’t had to go back at least twice, and probably three times, for extra mammograms and follow ups.
  • ·       Next is cake baking.  Next week, the Great Geezer will probably have to do a lot of the cake stuff with only one handed stuff from me.  We found boxing the two bowls of cake mix makes a truly supurb cake.  Mix them up as per directions, then pour it all into one big bowl and stir together before baking.  Light, high, moist cake is the result.  Couldn’t do it without the Great G.
  • ·       Lastly, before I retreat to my latest read, I’ll exercise.  On the weekends that boils down to shoulder stuff…which is helping.  And all over stuff….walking uphill…puff, puff, and downhill where my new hip feels very strange.  I am very grateful that I can walk.


  • So you all have a great Sunday.  I’ll see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. About the time you begin writing again, I will be airborne. See you when I see you. Not tired of pink...just bought a new pink shirt. Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, all that walking and keeping moving. I'll be thinking about you Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your mammogram was clear. I hate cancer.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life